Texas Director Credential
This class is self-paced and can be started at any time. You will be given a link to our website where you can access the reading material, the assignments, and the test. The self-paced course does come with information for phone and email communication with our trainers. We will be there to help you through each step of the process.
To become a Director in the state of Texas you will need:
1. To complete our Administrator’s Credential program. Your credential will be titled "Child Care Director Credential"
2. At least two years of experience in a licensed child-care center (which includes licensed in home centers.)
3. Be 21 Years of Age
4. Have a High School Diploma or GED
Our Program Hours: 50
State of Texas Required Topics Covered:
• Principles of child growth and development
• Safe, healthy, learning environments
• Positive guidance techniques to support social and emotional development
• Effective and productive relationships between family, community and school
• Observation documentation of children, staff and the child care program
• Principles of Administration
• Personnel management and staff development
• Meeting Texas Minimum Standards
• Strategies to effectively manage a child care center
All trainers have at least a M.S. in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and members of National Organizations.
We are here for you and are going to do what it takes to help you succeed!
There are no reviews yet.