Texas Director Credential Online
This class is self-paced and can be started at any time. You will be given a link to our website where you can access the reading material, the assignments, and the test. The self-paced course does come with information for phone and email communication with our trainers. We will be there to help you through each step of the process.
To become a Director in the state of Texas you will need:
1. To complete our Administrator’s Credential program. Your credential will be titled "Child Care Director Credential"
2. At least two years of experience in a licensed child-care center (which includes licensed in home centers.)
3. Be 21 Years of Age
4. Have a High School Diploma or GED
Our Program Hours: 50
State of Texas Required Topics Covered:
• Principles of child growth and development
• Safe, healthy, learning environments
• Positive guidance techniques to support social and emotional development
• Effective and productive relationships between family, community and school
• Observation documentation of children, staff and the child care program
• Principles of Administration
• Personnel management and staff development
• Meeting Texas Minimum Standards
• Strategies to effectively manage a child care center
All trainers have at least a M.S. in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and members of National Organizations.
We are here for you and are going to do what it takes to help you succeed!