Statement of Understanding and Enrollment Agreement
Shade Tree Learning agrees that:
- We will offer a professionally development program that will allow time for participants to put their knowledge into practice through assignments, small group work and demonstrations.
- Provide a program that follows current Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Minimum Standards and is in compliance with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Provide a program that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, national origin or age.
- Provide a program that protects participants privacy and holds all records in confidentiality so that the records are only accessible to specific individuals with the State of Texas Child Care Licensing.
- Provide written and oral communication regarding all policy and/or procedural changes. This includes any needed communication regarding class locations, times, or responsibilities of either the participant or Shade Tree Learning.
- Provide a written Certificate of Credential upon the participants’ finished assignments, tests and final exam.
- Provide a written Renewal Certificate of Credential upon the participants’ successful completion of requirements.
- Provide communication with the State of Texas Department of Family and Protective Regulatory Service regarding important information regarding the participant including but not limited the participant to have a suspended or revoked Credential.
I agree that as a participant:
- I meet eligibility criteria
- I will attend and actively participate in all required components of this program.
- I understand that I am only allowed to miss one day of class and that I will have make up work that must be completed before I can receive my test for credential.
- I understand that I must score at least a 85% on all projects, test and at least an 80% on the final exam.
- I understand that if I am participating in the online class, I must complete all course work within 120 days of my start date. (Waiver can be granted for specific circumstances).
- I will follow all policies and procedures of this program.
- I will notify Shade Tree Learning of any change in name, address or telephone numbers.
- I understand that instructor-led registered participants must cancel 4 weeks prior to the start date of class and will receive a full refund. Any participant that cancels after 4 weeks prior to the start date of class will only receive credit towards any classes or training modules available at www.shadetreelearning.org. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE OR HARDBOUND SELF-STUDY REGISTRATION.
- I understand that I am not able to receive my credential until the full payment of ($500 for instructor led class, $325.00 for hardbound self-pace or $250 for online self-pace) is received. A deposit of at least $125.00 must be obtained before class materials will be sent. NO REFUNDS are given on self-study, only substitutions.
- I understand that this credential must be renewed every two years on or before the notification of expiration. I understand to receive the renewed certificate I must provide 45 hours of training in Child Development and 25 hours of training in administration plus a $50.00 fee for renewal. I understand that training must come from a source that meets the Texas Trainer Requirements.
- I understand that my credential can be suspended or revoked if I fail to maintain a center in good standing with Child Care Licensing, fail to complete required annual training, and fail to submit renewal application and fee.
- I understand that classes are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or if the minimum number of participants is not met. Refunds or transferring into the online classes will be possible.
By agreeing to these terms, you certify that:
- I have never been convicted of a felony offense or misdemeanor classified as: an offense against the person or family, a public indecency, or a felony violation of any law intended to control the possession or distribution of any substance included as a controlled substance in the Texas Controlled Substance Act.
- I have read the Statement of Understanding and Enrollment Agreement.
- I have read and understand the STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING AND ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.
- I have read and agree with the above requirements and certify that I have given accurate and truthful information.
- By entering your signature below, you state that all information is true and factual. Submission of registration does not guarantee enrollment in the Director Credential Course. Shade Tree Learning has the right to refuse any applicant for any reason.